Hulu is one of the most popular video streaming services, but its basic plans come with ads If these ads bother you dear reader, read on for some methods to skip or block Hulu ads By disabling them, you will not only optimize your viewing experience but also speed up streaming and save bandwidth.
Do you love watching Hulu shows? Then you must be aware of Hulu, a service for streaming shows, movies, TV shows, etc. Hulu allows you to stream your favorite movies with fewer distractions or ad interruptions. But wait for many of our readers to learn how to overcome annoying ads on Hulu and block them. So we have mentioned some easy ways to save Hulu ads in this article.
How to Skip or Block Hulu Ads ?
Hulu is a popular streaming service that provides users with a vast library of TV shows and movies. While the platform offers a free version with ads, many users find the frequency and length of these ads to be a nuisance. Here are a few ways to skip or block Hulu ads:
- Upgrade to Hulu No Ads: The easiest way to eliminate ads on Hulu is to upgrade to the No Ads version of the service. This option removes all ads from on-demand content and reduces the number of ads during live TV.
- Use Ad-Blocking Software: You can use ad-blocking software to block Hulu ads on your device. This software works by identifying and blocking advertisements on websites and apps, including Hulu.
- Use Ad-Blocker browser extensions: Ad-blocker browser extensions such as AdBlock and uBlock Origin can be installed in your browser to block Hulu ads while watching content on your computer.
- Use a VPN: A VPN can hide your location and IP address, which will make it difficult for Hulu to determine what ads to serve you. By connecting to a VPN server, you can trick Hulu into thinking you are located in a different region, where certain ads may not be available.
- Wait it out: If you don’t mind sitting through ads, you can simply wait for them to finish. Many Hulu ads are only 15 to 30 seconds long and can be skipped after a few seconds.
How to Get Rid of Ads on Hulu ? ( Best Ways)
The easiest way to get rid of ads on Hulu is to upgrade your subscription to an ad-free tier You can buy it individually for $12.99/month. You can also buy it as part of the Disney Plus bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu (no ads), and ESPN Plus for $19.99/month. To do this, log into your account and switch to the Hulu (No Ads) level to change your plan Additional charges will be charged to your account in the next billing cycle. You can change your mind later and turn it off if you want.
Reload the Hulu Program Page
When a program goes commercial, you’ll see a small “ad” banner in the upper right corner of the screen. It will also display how many minutes the commercial break will last. If it seems too long for your liking, stop watching the program on your streaming device or web browser, then select it again to re-enter. You should (more often than not) see a short ad duration perhaps between 30-60 seconds. If it doesn’t work, try again. It’s not guaranteed, but it’s a good (and fast) solution for reducing ad time.
Ad-Block Plus is a plugin for browsers that can be used to bypass the ads that Hulu presents. This technique is adequate for most campaigns because it replaces the ads with a blank screen. Its only drawback is that this ad blocker may not be able to block some ads. If this ad blocker can’t skip or block the ads that Hulu displays, you can try using one of the many other ad blockers currently on the market.
Refresh the page
Do you need something more practical? This method is an effective way to get rid of Hulu ads if you don’t want to install any plugins or purchased apps. Just refresh the program page and it will minimize the ad. It is true that the method does not actually remove the ads. Instead, it shortens the length. You know that Hulu ads vary in length depending on the duration of the video. The maximum ad duration is 4 minutes, which may annoy you while waiting for a streaming video or movie. By refreshing the page, you don’t need to see the entire ad.
Open Hulu in two browser tabs
To do this, you open two browser tabs and view your Hulu program in the first tab. When an ad starts playing, you mute it and use another browser tab For example:
- Open two browser tabs and start your Hulu show in both.
- Watch your show in the first tab and when the first ad starts mute the show and go to your second tab.
- When your second tab starts playing an ad, mute it and go back to your first tab.
- Unmute your first tab and enjoy your ad-free show. The ad should run while you’re not looking at the first tab you muted.
There are a few ways to skip or block Hulu ads, but the best and easiest way is to upgrade to the No Ads version of the service. The other methods can be useful but come with their own drawbacks and limitations.